Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Love..

It usually takes a lot of courage to walk back through memory lanes where one received a lot of flowers and then a lot of thorns after the flower fall….

SITTING BESIDES ME
AS SHE WROTE
LIKE SHE OFTEN DOES
SCRIBBLING AWAY WORDS
FROM HER UNENDING RESERVOIR
OF EXPERIENCES
IN WORDS AND PHRASES
ONLY SHE CAN.

I SMILED TO MYSELF
A LITTLE BEMUSED TO’ SEE”
POETRY IN MOTION
TO ME
SHE HERSELF IS THE POEM
WRAPPED IN DEFFERENT HUES
COLOURS AND SHADES UNFATHOMABLE AT TIMES
AND VIBRANTLY VISIBLEAT TIMES
SOMETIMES HIDDEN AMID THOSE BEAUTIFUL TRESSES
AND SOMETIMES EXPRESSIVELY RADIANT
THROUGH HER EVERLASTING SMILE

SHE….THE WOMAN
ENCOMPASSING LIFE AND LIVING
THEN I WONDER
IS SHE A POEM ABOUT LIFE
OR LIFE ITSELF?

In the morning I was rummaging through my small iron shelf where I keep most of the records and history of my existence accidentally a faded page torn from an old not book fell on my feet.The red bold letters in a nice handwriting looked at me and smiled.I smiled back too..Without any resentment or regret .But with a lot of happiness in my heart.Those letters were describing me from years back.Then I felt for a second as if my life itself was a beautiful poem.

The poet who wrote those letters are now in oblivion.He went away giving me bleeding wounds on the inner walls of my heart forever..

But still I keep the poem ,the poet and my heart unaffected by stains of anger and hatred,as I understand the worth of a living is never measured in its length but in happiness and bliss gifted in coffee spoons..

Along with the poem still I keep the rice grain with two lovers name written on either side of it,the small wooden turtle which tenderly moves in a breeze and the piece of marble where my name is carved along with my nickname..

I too move today like that turtle .On the bottom of it there is a greeting wishing me life long luck ,happiness and prosperity.The one who wished passed away without a trace in one rain.But my life has still winds and rains which are enveloped in the reminiscences of his presence..May be that is what is known as love..

No comments:

Post a Comment